THE "100 QUESTIONS NO ONE EVER ASKS" TAG!
Hi guys! Top of the morning to y’all. . . Don’t worry, I’m not absconding anytime soon and I’m gonna fulfill everything I have outlined as regards this blog for the year.
So, this week, I’d be doing two tags courtesy one of my favourite bloggers/vlogger – Tosin Alabi a.k.a. Lynn Japhet! She blogs on Faith, Lifestyle, Fashion, Food, Education and much more at http://africanismcosmpolitan.com and her Youtube name is simply Tosin Alabi. . . One day, I’d have to share a particular thing that will make me talk more extensively about Tosin but till I do, y’all have to keep your fingers crossed, run off to her blog and youtube and go check her out!
The first tag was on ‘Blogging in Nigeria’ – a collaboration between her and the amazing Sisi Yemmie of Sisi Yemmie TV and sisiyemmie blog. Every blogger was tagged and it could either be done as a post or as a youtube video but since I don’t have a Youtube channel yet, I’d be sticking to my blog!. . . So, if you are a blogger and you are reading this post, I’m also tagging you to do yours!
So at first, I thought I was going to do the first one which is ‘Blogging in Nigeria’ till I found this one which is ‘100 Questions No One Ever Asks’ and then I decided to give this a go first, then later during the week, I’d do the previous one!
Here it goes!
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed – Closed actually; not because it smells *lol* but because I’m kinda used to closing it.
2. Do you take shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? – I have never really been in hotels like that, so, No!
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? – I’d say it depends on the mood but most times, the sheets are often tucked in. If I could take the effort of spreading the sheets at all, I’d tuck them in.
4. Have you stolen a street sign before? – Hahahahahaha! No way!
5. Do you like to use post-it notes? – No! I hardly forget things and whenever I think I might forget and I do not want to, I’d use my diary and not a post-it!
6. Do you cut out coupons but never use them? – No, I don’t.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? – A big bear o! Bees ke?
8. Do you have freckles? – No, I don’t.
9. Do you always smile for pictures? – No! Not a bone, not a smile; I feel like my pictures end up weird and funny when I smile – I donno what I’d do on my wedding day *lol*
10. What is your biggest pet peeve? – Repeating words for emphasis! I feel like people I’m not dumb; I heard it the first time and I get it the first time.
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? – Not ever!
12. Have you ever peed in the woods? – Yes!
13. Have you ever pooped in the woods – Not ever!
14. Do you ever dance if there’s no music playing? – Omo! Plenrie times sef – I call them the goofy moments.
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils? – No.
16. How many people have you slept with this week? – zero people
17. What size is your bed? – Queen size
18. What is your song of the week? – Loosing my religion ‘Kirk Franklin’
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink? – I think it is weird; doesn’t mean it’s okay or not okay! I think the fact that it is affirmed to be a feminine colour makes it weird on guys – who makes the rules sef? So far it fits/suits
20. Do you still watch cartoons? – I have never loved cartoons but I love matured animations like ‘Ice Age 4 and all; not the kali and tewa show and petty cartoons like that!’
21. What is your least favourite movie? – Hmmmm! Plenrie Naija movies that I’ve lost count but I remember one sha cos it’s still recent – Oko Nene; the soundtrack of the movie got me sef despite the fact that it featured one of my best Yoruba actor, Akin Lewis. And oh! I remember Beyonce and Rihanna featuring Omotola. I remember Omotola actually commenting on this film and all about low budgeted films and not good enough stories! Shit happens jare! But at least, I remember those two!
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you have some? – Bees’ nest
23. What do you drink with dinner? – Water
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? – Hmmm; at times a mixture of pepper, oil, garlic etc. and at times, gingered honey but often times, honey is my easiest prey!
25. What is your favourite food? – Rice (any version of rice; ofada, fried, jollofed, coconut *hahahaha*) and don’t miss the dodo and the stew! We are good!
26. What movies could you watch over and over again and still love? – Dem plenty o! Naija movies – Ti Oluwa ni ile, Saworoide, O leku, Diamond ring, blood sisters, billionaires club, Phone swap, Mr. & Mrs., October 1, ayekooto, Alakada, Jenifa, Emi ni by Ibrahim Chatta, and any Odunlade film. Outside – Joyful noise, Letters to Juliet, All Tyler Perry movies especially For Colored girls, Harry Porter, Les Miserables, Whiplash. . . Biko, I need to stop!
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you? – I’d pass.
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? – No.
29. Would you ever strip/pose nude in a magazine – No!
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? – Sometimes last year.
31. Can you change the oil in a car? – No
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? – No
33. Ever ran out of gas? – No
34. What’s your favourite kind of sandwich – I don’t like sandwiches – there’s a why though!
35. Best thing to eat for breakfast. – Anything that comes to mind; not fixed!
36. What is your usual bedtime? – Very dynamic; early enough – 10pm. Late – Past 1am
37. Are you lazy? – I could be at times.
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up for as Halloween? – Nah! Never did a dress up.
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign? – I have no idea.
40. How many languages can you speak? – Very well, I’d say 2 (English and Yoruba); not too well, I’d add French.
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? – Yes, I do. Plenty of them.
42. Which are better: Legos or Lincoln logs? – Okay, I don’t know what that is but I’d check Google later.
43. Are you stubborn? – Hmmm it depends on who is asking or saying.
44. Who is better: Leno or Letterman? Same as 42 but I guess it’s setting-related.
45. Ever watch soap operas? – Yes, a lot of them.
46. Are you afraid of heights? – No
47. Do you sing in the car? – Enough to loose counts.
48. Do you sing in the shower? – Oh! best stage ever.
49. Do you dance in the car? – Yes, I do.
50. Ever used a gun? – No but I’d love to try.
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer. – Last year
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy? – Not ever.
53. Is Christmas stressful? – It could be.
54. Ever eat a pierogi? – Don’t even know what that is.
55. Favourite type of fruit pie. – Strawberry pie
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid. – Doctor
57. Do you believe in ghosts? – I did but I don’t any longer.
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling? – Yes, quite a number of times.
59. Do you take a vitamin daily? – Yes, I do. . . B complex and Vitamin E.
60. Do you wear slippers? – Yes, I do.
61. Do you wear a bath robe? – No! but I’m looking forward to how I’d look like in one soon.
62. What do you wear to bed? – Skin or silk. . . It depends.
63. What was your first concert? – Hmmm. . . can’t remember; I have been to many if not a lot.
64. Walmart, Target or K-mart? – I’d pass but I’d say Jumia. . . *hehehehehe*
65. Nike or Adidas? – Nike jor!
66. Cheetos or Fritos? – Cheetos – that one I have tasted.
67. Peanuts or sunflower seeds? – Peanuts.
68. Ever hear of the group Tres bien? – Yes
69. Ever take dance lessons? – Nope!
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? – Not at all.
71. Can you curl your tongue? – Yes.
72. Ever won a spelling bee? – Never participated in one.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? – I’m yet to experience that kind of happy-climax.
74. Own any record albums? – Yes – a lot.
75. Own a record player? – No.
76. Do you regularly burn incense? – Not at all.
77. Ever been in love? – Yes.
78. Who would you like to see in a concert? – Tasha Cobbs
79. What was the last concert you saw? – EMU fest
80. Hot tea or cold tea? – Hot tea.
81. Tea or coffee? – Coffee.
82. Sugar cookies or snickerdoodles? – Snickerdoodles – amazing! I could bake you some
83. Can you swim well? – No but I want to learn.
84. Can you hold your breathe without holding your nose? – Of course.
85. Are you patient? – Yes, often times.
86. DJ or band at a wedding? – Band!
87. Ever won a contest? – A couple!
88. Have you ever had plastic surgery? – NO!
89. Which are better: black or green olives? – Green olives
90. Can you knit or crochet? – None! I tried my hands at it a couple of times but I never got my hands around the twisting of the hands and all.
91. Best room for a fireplace? – I’d consider my bedroom first before thinking about the living room. . . both but bedroom comes first
92. Do you want to get married? – I don’t know.
93. If married, how long have you been married? – Not married.
94. Who was your high school crush? – Never had one.
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? – No! Not a kid.
96. Do you have kids? – No.
97. Do you want kids? – I don’t know.
98. What is your favourite colour? – Black.
99. Do you miss anyone right now? – Yes, I do.
100. Who are you going to tag to do this post next?
I tag @Adaeze of Chynanu’s blog, @DuruAdolphusJnr of BlueAfrica, @theidunnu and @muhsinat’deen of With love from Ola!!
Oh! A secret I’d like to tell outside the 100 questions (if I have one): I don’t like bread! Bread is a ‘food’ I eat when I don’t know what else to really eat. So, when it’s not sliced, I like it very brown *lol* If it’s not brown to the point that it looks like it’s gonna get burnt, I won’t buy o!. . . So I eat only the brown part of the bread which is the back and then I throw away the white part *hahahahahaha, I know right, weirrrrrrd!* There’s this taste it gives me whenever I eat the back that I don’t get from the white.
That’s all guys! Expect the second tag coming soon!